We Provide Our Agents With Excellent Resources, Compensation and Opportunity. Find Out What Makes Five Oaks Realty Special.
Ohio Licensing Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent as recognized by the Ohio Department of Education if you were born after 1950
- Be sponsored by an Ohio Broker
- Be honest, truthful and of a good reputation
- Not have been convicted of a felony or crime of moral turpitude. Not have violated any civil rights laws regarding real estate within the past 2 years as determined by a court of law or violated any rules of the Ohio Division of Real Estate. In some circumstances, it is possible to have a conviction or violation disregarded, which would allow you to sit for an exam. The Division may only make a determination with respect to a conviction or violation if you file an application. For additional information on this process, contact the Division directly orreview the additional information found on the Division’s website.
Complete the education requirements below:
- Real Estate Principles and Practices (40 hours)
- Ohio Real Estate Law, including instruction in civil rights, housing discrimination and desegregation problems ( 40 hours)
- Real Estate Appraisal (20 hours)
- Real Estate Finance (20 hours)
- Please note: Any person who has not been licensed as a real estate salesperson or broker within a four-year period immediately preceding his/her current application for the salesperson’s exam must have completed the above instruction within a I 0-year period immediately preceding the current salesperson application. This education must have been completed at an institution of higher education that awards a degree in at least a two-year program [i.e. an associate degree].
- Pass the state required exam with a score of at least 70%
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I a goal oriented, motivated individual?
- Do I enjoy meeting new people and being proactive?
- Can I work irregular hours?
- Am I a team player?
- Can I picture myself generating leads to grow my business?
- Does independent contractor status fit my lifestyle?
- Does commission only income fit my lifestyle?
- Do I have sufficient financial reserves to support me until my commission checks begin to come in?
- Can I and will I commit to office meetings and weekly tours?
Are You Ready to Get Started?
Then call Nancy Hull, Broker at 440-324-0069 or fill our the form below.